Maestro Strategies has orchestrated systemic change within the healthcare industry for more than a quarter century. We help our clients transition to a patient-centered, connected, next-generation enterprise. We ensure that investments in strategic business plans; informatics, analytics and technology; progressive governance and decision-making approaches; and organization and process redesign are all leveraged for value creation.
Founded in 1989 by Pam Arlotto, a former president of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Maestro today combines seasoned generalists with deep subject matter expertise. Our consultants have advised leading IDNs, solutions companies and healthcare affiliations and partnerships. The firm initially focused on performance improvement, patient-centered care redesign, decision-support strategies and enterprise information systems assessments for hospitals. In the 1990s we launched our vendor advisory offering to provide market strategy and process redesign services to healthcare software and services companies.
Over the years, we have excelled at helping our clients develop and execute on strategies to solve complex problems:
- We worked with healthcare systems to redesign care delivery and business processes
- We assisted numerous organizations in the preparation for meaningful use and ICD-10
- We developed governance, sustainability and repurposing plans for a number of statewide and private health information exchanges
- We facilitated vertical and horizontal consolidation to centralize operations, rationalize IT systems and reduce cost
- We developed business plans and IT strategic plans
- We crafted strategy for vendor and service companies
And we developed the strategy for the first statewide cancer quality scorecard, created the first business plan for the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives and helped launch HIMSS as an independent association.
Maestro’s mission continues to evolve as healthcare transitions from volume to value. Along with our clients, we are committed to building an accountable system of care. We challenge each client to think and work differently to solve difficult problems, extract value from key capabilities that are in place and make pragmatic investments to close critical gaps. The Maestro Strategies team is composed of industry veterans who are committed to a highly integrated, high-quality, efficient, safe and patient-centered healthcare system.